World Baseball Classic


Has anyone ever heard of this great tournament? Aw, it's okay me neither until I moved here to Japan. This up and coming Baseball competition is the global equivalent to something like the World Cup is to Soccer. I think its about three years old but still it sounds like a brilliant idea. 
Unfortunately for me it seems to be the pride and joy of Japan's worldly athletic feats due to their recent victory. 
Apparently, there was an intense face off between the Japanese team and the American team. This resulted in a Victory for Japan. I think I would be a bit bitter if had been following this tournament much less aware of it when it started. But to be honest I am happy for Japan, every good American loves a story of the underdog winning. Congratulations Japan!
It's a pity though that the American team was not strong, It's kinda tough to explain to people that baseball is no longer 'America's favorite Pastime'. This will be an interesting event to follow in the upcoming years! 


Here is some more information: World Baseball Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment